Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

1956/57 Gracy full drum kit WMP

WOW! Never seen an MIJ of that vintage kit looking that cool! I had a Crown gold sparkle kit when I was a kid. I thought that might have been one of the better ones. Hard to remember though, that was about 48 years ago! LoLoLoLo

fishwaltz
Posted on 14 years ago

So what were the shells made from on this lovely Gracy kit that i would have walked over broken glass to get to!Cool1

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

I am pretty sure that this kit was indeed made of luan. There were photos that I didn`t include in this post of the shell interiors and they looked just like other early 60s luan kits. Check these:

[IMG]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn87/Osakabop/3082.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn87/Osakabop/8d4f.jpg[/IMG]

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

Hi,

I have a Gracy red sparkle snare and floor tom with the same badge that is round and it has Tokyo on it also. So is it 56/57 also????

Posted on 14 years ago

From Allan Vesa

Hi, I have a Gracy red sparkle snare and floor tom with the same badge that is round and it has Tokyo on it also. So is it 56/57 also????

Well, let's see them! Allan, you need to post those in the Gallery! If they look the same, they probably are. Do they sound good? I would invest in some good heads for that kit and play it!

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

From Allan Vesa

Hi, I have a Gracy red sparkle snare and floor tom with the same badge that is round and it has Tokyo on it also. So is it 56/57 also????

It`s possible- I don`t have any Gracy info from 56/57- so I cannot date them. The information on the original set on this thread was from a YahooJapan! auction last month- they claimed that Gracy kit was from 56/57 and the kit sold for alot of money- so it could be true- Would love to see your drums.Clapping Happy2Sumo Dude

*Amedia Cymbals Japan

Posted on 14 years ago

This is my understanding on the date's of Gracy drums..The badge's on the bass and toms would date the drums sometime 1957 too late 1959..Gracy change the badges to the round type that's on the snare in 1960..So my best guess is that the set is from very late 1959 to the first part of 1960..Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

I am in agreement with you Mikey -from what I have seen here floating around the Japanese auction sites and what people have said on their descriptions.

*Amedia Cymbals Japan

Posted on 14 years ago

Hey Guys! I'm looking to sell my old set of Gracy drums. It seems that you all know a bunch about them, so you may know if mine are any good. I live in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. I just posted a thread on this site to ask people what they are worth. There is a 22" bass, 16" floor tom, 13 " mounted tom, and a 14" wood snare with stand. The bass has legs, as does the floor tom. The original bracket holding the 13" to the bass is there too.

4 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Interesting how slingy looking the white kit looked,then the round badge on the snare is gretschy looking,then the lugs on the red kit look like tail light gretsch lugs.two of the best looking mij kits I think I have seen,I like the way the older yammies look,and the tailight lugs on the red gracy kit look a lot like the yamaha tail light lugs any connection to gracy and yamaha?

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here