Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

1929 Ludwig Standard Sensitive

Kelly,

I'm posting some photos of my 3 snare drums. This first one is a Ludwig & Ludwig from Elkhart, IN. I believe it is from the 1930's. I bought this drum for $4.00 in 1970 when Springfield High School in Delaware County, PA was auctioning off instruments. I only had $4.00. I refinished it in 1971 and have had it ever since. The bass drum in the pictures is a Ludwig & Ludwig Pioneer from Chicago, also from the 1930's. I bought it for $1.00 in 1971. I refinished the bass drum last year and photos are somewhere in this forum. The hi-hat stand is also a Ludwig from the 1930's given to me by my next door neighbor when he saw I had an interest in drums. He had a beautiful WMP Slingerland kit in his at grade finished basement in front of a big picture window. He would not let me touch that kit. I don't blame him. He also gave me the old cymbals, one is a zildjian the other is a Zilco. Both Turkish and both splash cymbals, I think. Not shown are another old 12 inch Zildjian splash and a 7 inch sock cymbal (wish I had another one.)

Posted on 7 years ago

Here is my 1970 Supraphonic that I just bought last September. I took it apart last month and polished everything. I also put in an internal muffler that was in better condition than the one it came with.

Posted on 7 years ago

Here is my 1965 Jazz Festival snare that came with my 1965 Super Classic (with a 1967 9x12 tom) I have posted on my rebuild of this kit in this forum as well. The snare was the last piece I finished. I will put the final photo of the kit and the jazz festival snare in my project post as well and you can check that out if you want.

Again, you had a very inspiring project. I still think about getting an old Ludwig & Ludwig single tension wooded marching drum to finish into a floor tom for my 1930's bass drum and snare drum.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here