Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

1929 Ludwig Standard Sensitive

That thing is a beast. Not bad for a almost 90 year old instrument.

Nice playing too! Thanks!

The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Posted on 7 years ago

Great job all around !! Thanks. Snooker table?

Creighton

Nothing special here but I like them.
Posted on 7 years ago

Yep, vintage 1950's Brunswick Snooker table that spent most of it first career in a pool hall. 100's of cigarette burns on the top edges to prove it ;)

"It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing..."
Posted on 7 years ago

Welcome back glad your doing better enjoy very nice

Gary

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 7 years ago

Wow a diplomat. Interesting. I just put a coated ambassador on my 1970 supraphonic. It has a substantial ring to it. I have a coated emperor on my 1965 jazz festival snare. Also has a ring but not as pronounced. I can only imagine what a diplomat would do but I did not detect a ring in your video.

Posted on 7 years ago

Gary, thanks for your well-wishes. it's good to be able to do the things we like due to better health...

Jim, I was a bit worried with the Diplomat before putting it on because of the ring. Most of the snares I have ring like crazy! Glad to hear the Emperor helped your jazz fest.

Whatever it is, longer tube lugs, the sensitive upper snare and strainer assembly, or the heavy brass shell, for some reason it doesn't ring too much. Another possibility could be the brass hoops clips, 20 in all, maybe nullify some of the ring? Happy with it though :D

cheers!

Kelly

Posted on 7 years ago

Kelly

I thought I responded to you but I guess I messed it up. It's good to know that I'm not the only one that has snare drums that ring. I'm still experimenting on the best heads for my snare drums.

Right now I think I have them the tuned okay and now I'm trying to get the snare wires on correctly. That's taking quite a bit of time.

Thanks for sharing your great project.

Posted on 7 years ago

jim,

I would love to see a pic of your favourite snares if you feel like sharing? What do you have?

I haven't met a drum yet that doesn't ring! The right heads/tuning do make a difference. Right now I'm using plastic sound rings. Rings that are cut to fit each drum.

I find they knock down the overtones nicely.

Kelly

Posted on 7 years ago

Kelly

I have 3 snares and I'll post some photos tomorrow.

Posted on 7 years ago

Beautiful drum and great video! Clapping Happy2 Thanks for sharing!

Lynn

I'm no guru, just a vintage drum junkie!

Psalm 150:5
1945 Slingerland RK sparkling gold pearl 26/13/14/16/early 50s 5.5x14 Krupa RK
1967 Slingerland green glass glitter 20/12/14/Hollywood Ace
60s Slingerland 24/13/16/7x14 project
24/13/16/7x14 project RKs
60s 5 & 6.5 Sound Kings
1942 7x14 WMP Krupa RK
1930s Slingerland Universal
1967 Ludwig Hollywood sparkling blue pearl 22/12/13/16
1967 Ludwig Supraphonic 400 & 402
1965 Ludwig Jazz Fest sparkling blue pearl
1923 Ludwig 5x14 NOB