Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

17x12 Tenor/Tom

Looking for 17x12 tenor/tom drums for marching. No preference on brand.

If you have one, or know of a Company that still make this size drum, please contact me.

Thanks,

LDB

Posted on 14 years ago

Just put one on eBay w/o a sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200454166760&ssPageName=STRK:MEUS:IT

I'll list it again next week with the sizes in the description so it gets more attention.

Needs lots of work, but it's present and available. $40 shipping in lower 48.

Derek

Posted on 14 years ago

Just curious - what will you use it/them for?

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Word of advice - hunt down as many 17" heads as you can - & buy 'em ALL -NOW !!!!! There are very few around and if you rely on the assumption that you can just get 'em special ordered from Remo - you may well be old and grey by the time you ever touch 'em[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

I echo Jaye. Order your remos that you want now--8 if you're lucky...likely 12 weeks' wait.

D

Posted on 14 years ago

...sorry for the delay guys!

Thanks Lickbag. I have never seen a 17" snare before. I wasnt really looking for a project of that kind but because of its size I would still be interested if you relisted the item at a slightly (more) discounted price. Please send me the URL if u do decide to relist. Thanks.

For the question about what's its use...it will be used just as any othr size marching tom/tenor.

I also thank you guys for the advice on ordering the 17" drumheads now! I will definitely take heed! lol

Posted on 14 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Word of advice - hunt down as many 17" heads as you can - & buy 'em ALL -NOW !!!!! There are very few around and if you rely on the assumption that you can just get 'em special ordered from Remo - you may well be old and grey by the time you ever touch 'em[/COLOR]

Why do this?? i have N.O.S 17" heads about 35-40 of them...I even have the shell12x17 with rims...P.M. if you like..Thanks Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="Purple"]Then you have 90% of the global supply !!!! That's how I got mine...after some searching I found a store in NC which had about 10 17" NOS ones from the '70's-80's. I bought 6 of 'em and they came in the original old boxes, caked in dust. Sold 5 of 'em with the rehabbed kit so the client wouldn't be up the creek in a year !!!!! Here it is (made a bass drum out of it):[/COLOR]

1 attachments
www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Sorry, Lil. Someone else threw down two $20s, so we shipped it off. Good luck in whatever you're doing!

d

Posted on 14 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR="Purple"]Then you have 90% of the global supply !!!! That's how I got mine...after some searching I found a store in NC which had about 10 17" NOS ones from the '70's-80's. I bought 6 of 'em and they came in the original old boxes, caked in dust. Sold 5 of 'em with the rehabbed kit so the client wouldn't be up the creek in a year !!!!! Here it is (made a bass drum out of it):[/COLOR]

Jaye,Nice looking set you made..The heads i have are also from the 70s-80s but not in the boxes--they were in bad condition--The funny thing about it i have 10 to 12 17" snare bottom heads too...What did the bass drum sound like?? thats what i was going to do with the shell i have but i just don't have the wood hoops for it --i would have to make them out of a 18" wood hoops...Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here