Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

Zildjian K Istanbul 12" Questions...

Hi all... I picked up this 12" K Istanbul off if eBay a little while back for not much money at all. It was advertised as a splash, but I'm not sure that's the case, as it has some serious sustain. I could use it as an fx cymbal, but I'm thinking more along the lines of some hats (gives me a reason to hunt!). I'm obviously interested in the stamp (sorry for the dodgy pic), but also am interested in your thoughts on enlarging the hole (as it's too small for my stands). Is it sacrilegious to enlarge it? Bear in mind that I haven't thrown a stack of cash at this one, it was a lot cheaper than a new Z splash... so?

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

More pics... Weight is around 410g. Cheers!

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

Sorry for the multiple posts. This is the last pic. Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Posted on 9 years ago

Really sorry, doing this on my phone...

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

Hey everyone... So no responses to the last post, but hey ho! No problem. I've been looking for another 12" to pair up for a some hats, and thought that I'd found one. This was advertised as an old K 12. Again, not too much cash. Received this today, and straight away something didn't feel right... Mmm. Turns out that I'm now the owner of a 13! Looks to be an old stamp, similar to my IIIb 18". Not sure yet exactly what the stamp is, will spend the evening here trying to figure it out. Whereas the 12 is stiff, this one is thin and bendable. Will weigh it too, but thought I'd share it here first. It sounds and looks beautiful to me, I'm well pleased. Mmm, Now I gotta look for another 13. Not sure what to do with the 12, as I much prefer the slightly larger size.

1 attachments
105.9 kB
Posted on 8 years ago

Here's the stamp... Sorry for the bad pic.

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

Last one for now. Cheers!

1 attachments
129.5 kB
Posted on 8 years ago

Thanks so much for posting that, what a wonderful set of cymbals... The 12's sound really crisp, lovely. All of the pies sound so good. Really nice playing too!

One thing that I didn't mention with the 13 is that it's so thin that the stamp shows through on the underside. Personally I've never seen this before...

Posted on 8 years ago

I have one with the stamp showing through the underside too.. Paper thin Splash... Don't think about using it as a HH though... you'll turn it inside out... (which I once did with a set of 13" new beats)...

Cheers

John

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.