Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

Zildjian Cymbal date and pricepoint-help.

Hello everyone. I found this old cymbal in a box of drumming parts someone gave me.

The stamp is almost gone in some areas which makes it hard to tell what it actually looks like. I amplified the contrast on some of the photos to try an get more detail out.

I'm thinking of selling it so my questions are how old is it. And what do you think it would sell for?

The photos are high rez so I can't attach them on this post. So just click on the links below.

photo-Hi_contrast-1 photo-Hi_contrast-2 photo3

Posted on 12 years ago

Need to see the Arabic script, but from the looks, I'm guessing 1970's thin stamp Zildjian, but the Arabic will pinpoint it.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 12 years ago

From backbeatkeeper

Need to see the Arabic script, but from the looks, I'm guessing 1970's thin stamp Zildjian, but the Arabic will pinpoint it.

I think it's '60s, not '70s.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 12 years ago

I would agree on the 60s as well. The font on the Zildjian is much thicker than the 70s.

Scott

Posted on 12 years ago

From backbeatkeeper

The Arabic script is petty good in photo3 of my original post. I added some contrast to the photo here

Also I took the liberty of trying to past over the script with the paint tool in gimp. You can have a look at the attachment. I have also attached a photo of what the whole cymbal looks like.

The cymbal sounds like a splash. it's diameter is 26cm so the radius is 13cm.

[Attachment: 39765][Attachment: 39766]

Posted on 12 years ago

From Thor

The Arabic script is petty good in photo3 of my original post. I added some contrast to the photo here Also I took the liberty of trying to past over the script with the paint tool in gimp. You can have a look at the attachment. I have also attached a photo of what the whole cymbal looks like.The cymbal sounds like a splash. it's diameter is 26cm so the radius is 13cm. [Attachment: 39765][Attachment: 39766]

Yep, definitely 60's

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 12 years ago

So how much do you think it could sell for? Like $20?

Posted on 12 years ago

I agree with the others, definitely 60's. $20 is pretty low for that cymbal, I think. In my parts, I'd have no problem getting $60-ish.

Posted on 12 years ago

From Mspartacus

I agree with the others, definitely 60's. $20 is pretty low for that cymbal, I think. In my parts, I'd have no problem getting $60-ish.

While $20 may be low, remember its only a splash!

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 12 years ago

From BosLover

While $20 may be low, remember its only a splash!

Agreed. I wouldn't pay that much for it, but I've been getting some decent bucks for splashes. They're usually on the rarer side since most were broken and didn't survive.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here