Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

What are late 70's-early 80's 22" A's going for ON AVERAGE?

Got 2 I want to flip....

1 is 2526g ....so medium.....medium thin....edges go up/down nicely.....

The other..I think was 1/2 of a Germanic pair...and weighs 7lbs 10 Ozs....it has a very low pitch for a heavy cymbal.....it reminds me of a Canadian K when I play it...and can really roar if you tear into it...

Thanks!

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 9 years ago

You may laugh Blair, but I have no data for years that recent. I've been collecting price info for older ones. 1960s and earlier.

Trans Stamps 22" average $650 n=4

Large Stamps 22" average $270 n=25

Small Stamps 22" average $227 n=5

60s Stamps 22" average $221 n=6

Given my sample sizes the Large Stamp estimate is the only one which I'd trust as having reached stability. More data to collect.

So all I can say is this pattern of lower expected prices as they get more recent holds across the different diameters. I've recorded prices on a number of 70s and later 14" hats (because of my New Beat project) but those won't help either.

You could see what eBay completed sales has on offer, but one of the reasons I stopped at the end of the 1960s is that once you get into the late 70s and later sellers seem to stop giving much effort to detailed information. That plus I'm just rather busy with the amount of data collection I already do...what with old Ks, Avedis, North American Ks, 602s, and Sound Creations. Not to mention trying to sort out timelines and document things properly.

Posted on 9 years ago

150 and up depending on weight

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 9 years ago

OK..thanks guys....

I would go $300 on the pair..plus actual shipping..if anyone wanted them....That would be almost exactly my cost on them...I think I would lose maybe a few $$ even..by the time I bought a brand new U-Haul double wall box.....

Posted on 9 years ago

Or..will break up pair..$160 each..plus actual shipping....

Posted on 9 years ago

All things being equal heavier more mass equals lower pitch,look at the profile of the one you think is germanic,the ones I have seen have been lower pitched,but the profile is lower,the steepening the profile raises pitch.Compare the profile to the reg 22 A and see if there is a difference.

150.00 175.00 sounds right to me.

Posted on 9 years ago

Blair that heavy one might be a deep ride. If it's has a really flat profile that would be my guess.

Prices are right. Can you post pics?

Gary

Sonor teardrops:
12,13,16,20, 14x5 snare
Fibes crystallite-14x5.5 snare
Posted on 9 years ago

OK..will try to do pics in a day/two..need to take lots of pics..as I bought around 30 cymbals last 9 weeks!..Meinl/Paiste/Zil/UFIP....

Posted on 9 years ago

Price seems fair to me.

Heavier cymbals have a higher pitch with all other variables being equal.

Cobalt Blue Yamaha Recording Custom 20b-22b-8-10-12-13-15-16f-18f
Red Ripple '70's Yamaha D-20 20b-12-14f
Piano Black Yamaha Recording Custom Be-Bop kit 18b-10-14f
Snares:
Yamaha COS SDM5; Yamaha Cobalt Blue RC 5-1/2x14; Gretsch round badge WMP; 1972 Ludwig Acrolite; 1978 Ludwig Super Sensitive; Cobalt Blue one-off Montineri; Yamaha Musashi 6.5X13 Oak; cheap 3.5X13 brass piccolo
Posted on 9 years ago

Sorry this has taken so long..was out of town twice since Sunday....

Pic 1 is lightest 22...

Second pic...the heaviest

4 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here