Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.06889%

Help with 15" Italian hats please!

Hi,

These hi hats came with a Dayton era Rogers set that I just picked up. The only markings I have found are the Medium and Made in Italy ink stamps in the picture. These measure just a tad under 15" and weigh 885 and 925g. The swirl patterns, lathing and hammering remind me of an intermediate set of 15" K's I used to have. These sound great!

Any ideas on a maker? Thanks for your help!

Randy

Posted on 10 years ago

Lately, I'm hearing more and more about these Italian cymbals.

Another overlooked gem? Acrolites among cymbals?

Can't help You with the maker, but I can at least congratulate You.

Sysl krysu nenahradi!

-196?-72 6ply White Oyster Amati
-1960s 3ply Red Sparkle Amati
- Zildjian, Paiste, Zyn, Istanbul

http://bandzone.cz/blueswan
Posted on 10 years ago

UFIP made their own cymbals for Rogers and sold under the trademark name "Pasha".

Posted on 10 years ago

I figured maybe UFIP made and branded for another company, but didn't Pasha usually have a pressed stamp? I was very pleasantly surprised at how warm and rich these sounded when I played them today.

Posted on 10 years ago

I have had some Italians. The best by far is a medium/thin 15" with no stamp. Probably from the 40s - 50s given the hammering and patina. Looks a lot like yours. Here's a photo of the hammering:

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t1.0-9/150_504015657242_3819_n.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 10 years ago

The patterns in that hammering do look very similar to mine. Is the maker of that one known?

Posted on 10 years ago

I have no idea who made it. I assume UFIP, but I have not seen an example close to this with a stamp or marking of any kind.

Posted on 10 years ago

Thanks for the replies everyone. If I find any more info on these, I let you know. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy them!

Thanks,Randy

Posted on 10 years ago

So.....no engravings of any sort, either whole or partial?

Posted on 10 years ago

No, not that that I have been able to find yet. I've been too busy playing them! I love the sound of these. I will look again under a good light and get back to you.

Thanks, Randy

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here