Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

Cymbal refinishing Pics

This is going to blow your mind, I picked up a pair of black label Paiste sound edge hats for $120, that were in less than desireable shape, I searched and searched for someone who does refinishing, and almost gave when I found a descrete e mail from a person that told me who I needed to contact, I followed it up and after sending emails back and forth I trusted him enough to send him my cymbals, well as you can see from the before and after, its truely remarkable what he did, not only did he bring the finish back to life, he even re stamp them exactly like factory, these pies I'm told are now worth over $300 easy in this shape. I never saw work like this before.

2 attachments
Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 14 years ago

Wow great job. Looks brand new. There are cymbals that are more valuable "as is" of course.

Posted on 14 years ago

What did he charge you to do it?

Posted on 14 years ago

$40....yes I understand some pies you would not want to re finish, however these do not fall into that catagory, like an old A for example, I play out with these, and I have a lot of Paiste, these really look good under the stage lights......flowers2

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Well - interesting that someone does that. lt is an impressive job (although l do hope he didn't use a buffing wheel at any point). l would also question whether this results in an increase in market value at all (one can argue that re-painted logos are not all that great an idea for resale)...but if what you wanted was a player's set to look real spiffy - it's a great job & cheap too.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Indigo"] One can achieve similar results at home using 2-3 runs of Wrights Copper Cream followed by some swabs such as Nevr-Dull or Cape Cod Wipes - then polish off the residue with a microfbre cloth[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

It's one thing to polish and clean a pie, but re stamping life factory? never saw that done before I saw this.

Posted on 14 years ago

Would there be anything copyright related that might raise an eyebrow?

Just curious, it looks great....

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

This is why he prefers to remain discrete about this. However in my opinion, if he only re stamps cymbals with original marking, and its done for personal enhancement of one's own collection, I don't see it as a concern. Their would only be a problem if

1. it were done to buy and sell for profit

2. or if he were changing original markings, say taking a 2002 and marking it say a signiture series.

since he is only providing this to people to improve the quality of their collection, I don't see any conflict, its like restoring a 55 chevy, you are just bringing back the original beauty......I will provide contact info as long as forum members respect his privacy......

Posted on 14 years ago

Paiste probably wouldn't see it that way, that is why companies copyright their products,, and remember you just bought it from someone, and down the road someone will buy it from you, that is why us vintage guys say don't drill or rewrap vintage drums, we don't own them we only rent them!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

On the subject of restamping ink logos.....Sabian offers a logo/stencil kit to re-ink your sabians if the logo has worn off......so maybe Paiste is not so concerned about this....obviously sabian isn't

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here