Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.06681%

A very nice 22" K.

Not mine, but from a good friend. In my opinion this has one has it all.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOY2pQz-X_k[/ame]

Posted on 14 years ago

Nobody deemed this to be worthy of even one comment?

Somebody posted about this one on Cymbalholic (probably after seeing it here first), and its getting plenty of comments there.

But I'm not quite sure how to interpret the apparent lack of interest here.

Posted on 14 years ago

I'm sorry, man. This is the first I've seen of it. Been busy washing my socks, I guess.

I will say this, excellent editing. I love how you moved the superfluous stuff away and put the focus square on the cymbal. Nice.

The cymbal - I like it. It's got a sweet bell sound deep into the bow, which allows it to have some woodiness to it. Very nice crash. That kind of a growl and snarl appeal to me. Lots of character, this one.

Posted on 14 years ago

Nothing against the pie, I think today has just been slow-ish. I like the stick...can I have it..? I can afford a stick.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

From Drumaholic

Nobody deemed this to be worthy of even one comment?Somebody posted about this one on Cymbalholic (probably after seeing it here first), and its getting plenty of comments there.But I'm not quite sure how to interpret the apparent lack of interest here.

Hah. I've been away for a while. Just saw it for the first time. I actually liked it very much. Wouldn't mine owning it.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 14 years ago

It sounds very controllable. The wood sound is good and you can do anything with it. It could be that the overall ring would drive me nuts live.

Truthfully I have a hard time judging cymbals recorded on I don't know what mics through I don't know what pre and then saved at whatever compressed audio format it was saved at... in the end I don't know if 50% of what I'm hearing is really from the cymbal.

I know the best old K I have, my favorite cymbal, doesn't even sound right through my system, which is pretty good - pr of Neumann KM84's and a Jensen Twin Servo 990 mic pre.

Over 1/2 of a cymbals energy is above 100KHz, and while we can't hear it I think it has a profound effect on how we feel it. I have never heard cymbals recorded that sounded close enough to fool me into thinking that they were live. You can walk near a club and as soon as you hear real cymbals you know there's a live band in there. Recording isn't even really remotely close.

Posted on 14 years ago

Nice sounding cymbal, can I have it? I'll give you my rock collection.Walking

1958 Gretsch Kit
1966 Kent Kit
1969 Ludwig Standard Kit
1970 Rogers Power Tone Kit
1970's Ludwig Vistalite Kit
1994 Yamaha Maple Custom
2010 Yamaha Maple Custom
28 assorted snares (including some real crap)
and 1 really nice K Zildjian Istanbul
Posted on 14 years ago

From mcdrummer

Nice sounding cymbal, can I have it? I'll give you my rock collection.Walking

But it's not actually mine. I agree with those observations concerning the sound characteristics of cymbals in general, especially about the high end stuff that we can't hear but never the less can "feel". Your dog could appreciate it more completely than we can. Ask fido what he thinks.

Posted on 14 years ago

From Drumaholic

But it's not actually mine. I agree with those observations concerning the sound characteristics of cymbals in general, especially about the high end stuff that we can't hear but never the less can "feel". Your dog could appreciate it more completely than we can. Ask fido what he thinks.

My dog, along with anyone else who has had the rare opportunity to see/hear me play my kit, thinks I suck! At least that is how I interpret her pained barks and whines. Actually, the pained whines extend to my human audiences as well............CryBabyCryBaby

toodles

drumhack

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses then why the hell do they keep score Peg? - Al Bundy
Posted on 14 years ago

From drumhack

My dog, along with anyone else who has had the rare opportunity to see/hear me play my kit, thinks I suck! At least that is how I interpret her pained barks and whines. Actually, the pained whines extend to my human audiences as well............CryBabyCryBabytoodlesdrumhack

Maybe its not your playing she complaining about. It could be those high end tones that we talked about that she doesn't like. What brand of cymbals do you play?

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here