Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

20" Avedis Identification Help

Hello,

i just picked up an nice 20" Zildjian Avedis Cymbal, 1731gr, but i have no idea which time is it from.

I have read so many about the different stamps, but i am not shure what year(s) it might be from.

Strange to me is that it has no dots in the first ottoman sign, that looks like a W (the ottoman sign for company)...other stamps i compared had dots there?

Maybe some experts are here to help me...?

The cymbals sounds very nice, clear, nice undertones, but more like a crash than a ride...compared to todays cymbal standards.

Thanks for helping!!!

3 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

Its a 60's.

Posted on 11 years ago

thats a great thin weight for a 20. bet it sounds nice!

mike

Posted on 11 years ago

Yeah, it sound very nice..from todays view...more like a big crash than a ride cymbal. :-)

Hm, 60s, you say...that might be, the weight would fit into the early 60s, but every stamp i found on the internet from 60s had these little dots in the first arabic sign? mine has not?

Posted on 11 years ago

the three dots that would or wouldnt be there are right above the avedis and kinda to the right. thats where they appear or not.

mike

Posted on 11 years ago

From digga

Yeah, it sound very nice..from todays view...more like a big crash than a ride cymbal. :-)Hm, 60s, you say...that might be, the weight would fit into the early 60s, but every stamp i found on the internet from 60s had these little dots in the first arabic sign? mine has not?

You see the upsidedown heart, that`s for the websites and people that copy drumaholics material re-word it and claim it`s theirs !i

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 11 years ago

From OddBall

You see the upsidedown heart, that`s for the websites and people that copy drumaholics material re-word it and claim it`s theirs !i

sorry did not get that, my english is too, bad? what exactly do you mean or refering to? i am not a native speaker, and i have no idea, what that post should mean???

Posted on 11 years ago

From digga

sorry did not get that, my english is too, bad? what exactly do you mean or refering to? i am not a native speaker, and i have no idea, what that post should mean???

I am a native speaker of English with a PhD and I usually do not understand much of what OddBall says. So do not blame yourself.

Attached is a copy of your stamp photo with a red circle around the place where the 3 dots are, plus an arrow to this. That is where the three dots are found which we are talking about. Is that where you are looking and talking about?

[img]http://black.net.nz/cym2013/60s.jpg[/img]

That is a 60s stamp according to Drumaholic (see above). Are both pictures from your own cymbal? The two photos look different, although it could be the lighting and angle.

Posted on 11 years ago

From digga

This 60`s stamp is more clear,..the ottoman looks to me more like a set of balls or upsidedown heart than a w, it has the dots, some 60`s don`t and what I meant is that some people got alot of balls to sample one`s material and claim it as their own on the internet. I don`t have that issue but drumaholic does, and that`s because around here, we know he is the final word on pre 70`s A`s and K`s. He`s that good at it .

zenstat,..

..Every Ball is Odd because it has 4 right angles that you can`t see !i In other words, there`s two squares in every circle !i

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 11 years ago

From zenstat

I am a native speaker of English with a PhD and I usually do not understand much of what OddBall says. So do not blame yourself. Attached is a copy of your stamp photo with a red circle around the place where the 3 dots are, plus an arrow to this. That is where the three dots are found which we are talking about. Is that where you are looking and talking about?[img]http://black.net.nz/cym2013/60s.jpg[/img]That is a 60s stamp according to Drumaholic (see above). Are both pictures from your own cymbal? The two photos look different, although it could be the lighting and angle.

I first want to thank everybody for your help and effort to answer my post!

But if anybody thinks i do not own that cymbal, i do, i have bought a from a guy who didn´t seem to know what vintage means!

The cymbal sits right next to me, and it costs me 100$!

Don´t know why anybody should claim others picture as theirs?

I do not!

The stamp picture is al little photoshoped to make the thin stamp a little better seen. Of course there´s a little difference in light!

okay good to clear that :-)

The dots i was talking about, are the dots in oddball´s attached picture...the two dots in the heard/balls/W, they are missing in mine, and i just saw stamps with them. The stamps position is not at the edge, it is more to the middle.

I also talked to a guy from holland, who sells a lot of vintage cymbals, he dated the cymbal to the early 70´s and in his opinion this weight is quite rare.

PS: for proof of ownership, some more pix, lathing, top and bottom :-)

4 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here