Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

ringos beatle cymbals

hats sound good though....

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 10 years ago

From blairndrums

sounds WAY too heavy..to my ears,anyway.....

It could be the recording, but this cymbal is by no means heavy. It's a mere 1200 grams. It's as light a 14" top hi hat cymbal and it's very light, thin and dark sounding. Listen side-by-side with my K Con and you'll hear that. I put the K Con up there as a point of reference as that's the darkest sounding cymbal I own.

Posted on 10 years ago

Did Ringo even use an 18" Super-Zyn? I hope so, otherwise this video was a huge waste of time. :D

Posted on 10 years ago

His was a 20''

www.brendanpeleolazar.com
Posted on 10 years ago

From Drumaholic

[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/drumaholic/cymbalexamples/ringo.jpg[/img]I want everybody to notice something. Its the large the bell to bow ratio on Ringo's 18". From studying various close-ups of this cymbal, including some of the latest from the L.A. exhibit, this cymbal is screaming trans stamp. And the obviously larger than average bell size seen on this cymbal is screaming type II trans stamp.

Does this one qualify? Not sure if it's a type II but it's definitely a trans. Weight is 1370g. I've had it a few years. I'll try to get a sound file, more crash than ride but a great bell sound

Gary

2 attachments
Sonor teardrops:
12,13,16,20, 14x5 snare
Fibes crystallite-14x5.5 snare
Posted on 10 years ago

There's those Hi Hats again. They look like 15's

They're all Zildjian. I'm sure of it. I think Ringo only used Super-Zyns back in the day when he played Ajax and Premier drum set. Another drummer to use Super-Zyn was Bill Bruford, but that's for another day. :)

Posted on 10 years ago

Yeah, commented also on the channel but it sounds really bright, which usually = heavy?

Probably just the recording, but also kind of glad it sounds like that since I didn't want to be really jealous and start wanting another cymbal :D

Already started looking on feeBay for Zyn stuff, heh . . .

Found it!!
Posted on 10 years ago

Just listened to You Won't See Me. Lots of good crash in that one.

Posted on 10 years ago

From EricP

Yeah, commented also on the channel but it sounds really bright, which usually = heavy?Probably just the recording, but also kind of glad it sounds like that since I didn't want to be really jealous and start wanting another cymbal :DAlready started looking on feeBay for Zyn stuff, heh . . .

I'm telling you guys this crash weighs 1200 grams. It's not heavy and doesn't sound bright to me. It's dark and trashy sounding. It's one of the early ones from the 50's.

Posted on 10 years ago

Profile of Ringo's zyn

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/Sgtpepper89L/20.jpg[/IMG]

compared to this 18'' A

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/Sgtpepper89L/18A.jpg[/IMG]

www.brendanpeleolazar.com
Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here