Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Zypher floor tom

Prepare for hell.If you run a museum stop reading now.I got this late 40's WFL 16x16 floor tom with no hardware.It came with Zypher lugs.Good luck finding those things today.I found thru intense investigation that Ludwig high tension 8 inch single marching lugs have the same long hole placement.Got 12 of 'em from ebay for 25 bucks.No drilling.I'm going to cut the lugs in half and install them with normal lenth tention rods.Legs are another problem but I can make conversion plates like when you drop a V8 into a baby carridge where of course bolt holes don't match.They called me mad at the University.Never give an inch

Posted on 13 years ago

I didn't have all that much trouble in finding zephyr lugs, I found two complete sets to complete a zephyr project, but I am looking forward to the finished product! let me ask you this would you be willing to trade your zephyr lugged shell, for a 1959 ludwig 16x16 shell that I have What other parts do you have for this zephyr floor tom shell?

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 13 years ago

Hey vint I think I'll stay the course on this one because I don't have to drill holes to mount hardware and get the drum back in action.Like I said I have no original hardware for this drum.I think you were lucky to find the real stuff.People told me that even finding a 16 Duco in any shape would be tough.The rest of the set is WFL club date Duco with finish'es craped out beyond all recognition especially the floor tom.I've got about 35 bucks invested in the whole lash up to date.I must trudge ahead and finish the Super Rat Classic.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here