Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

Zoomatic RK

I have a 60's blk diamond 5-1/2 x 14, with maple rings and interior, 8 lug, Zoomatic, and #30260. It doesn't have a date or P stamped in the shell. How can I tell if it's a Radio King ?

thanks

Posted on 16 years ago

This is an Artist not a Radio King...

The Radio King at that time had a 3-point strainer.

There has been a lot written on the Radio King and how the name was used during the history of Slingerland.

You can look at the 60 and 63 catalog here

Our resident Slingerland Expert is going to eventually do a [COLOR=black][FONT='Times New Roman']definitive[/FONT][/COLOR] article on the topic after he finishes the hardware sections..

David

Posted on 16 years ago

I once knew a guy that had a 60's 6-lug 3-ply Slingerland snare in gold sparkle with a Rapid strainer and he swore up and down it was a Radio King. I didn't have the heart to burst his bubble.... DOH

:::Ryan B
Posted on 16 years ago

[COLOR="Navy"]grezildwiglang:

Should be a solid maple Artist #153, made in January 1964.

To confirm the shell, look at the bearing edge. Not counting the wrap you should see only one line - where the solid maple reinforcing ring is glued to the solid maple shell. A plywood shell will have more lines, demarcating the plies.

Nice drum...

DrCJW[/COLOR]

Posted on 16 years ago

I finally took some pictures. Maybe these will help.

Posted on 15 years ago

Yep,

Solid maple shell Artist....

Posted on 15 years ago

WowJumping2 Thanks for your help. The guy I bought it from used to have the highest prices in town. I think, I paid about $150 for it.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here