Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Zim Gar: Tama or Pearl?

Took a chance on a couple drums for cheap only to find the shells cracked and super flimsy, almost like cardboard, although they were a luan. Bottom of the barrel construction and materials of the shells, but oddly, the hardware is pretty beefy and seems of good quality.

So, what I'm left with is a box of hardware. Club Date style center lugs, a tom mount, and two badges indicating Brooklyn, NY.

Who made Zim Gar?

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Pearl i believe...BUT,Zimgar seemed to have a couple of levels of quality.Mine,which are not center lug are a pro level kit...i know,its hard to believeEye Ball

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 13 years ago

Surf: That bass drum is DEFINETLY a Pearl drum. I had two of those exact sets with the center lug, and the lugs themself have that little elongated base on them. Also, the tom mount is exactly the kind I had on my two Valencias.

Not a bad color, too bad the shells are so brittle. You could look around for another set of those shells that arent beat and transfer the hardware, but in the end, those sets are only worth around $200 tops.

Posted on 13 years ago

Then I'll assume this floor tom is as well. OK, thanks. Just want to know in case I part this stuff out...

I hate to admit it, but I just threw the shells in the garbage. They were just way beyond workable with structural damage. Chunks of the bearing edges missing, one bass spur mount was nearly all the way thru the shell. Splits and cracks...

The day I threw them out happened to be garbage pick up day and I was outside later when the truck came. I saw them go in the crusher! I felt horrible for some reason....

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Now thats funny!LoLoLoLo

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here