Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

Zildjian A 20-incher... 1950s?

Yeah, so... I think I would keep it forever. There are very few cymbals on the market now that I would be able to replace it with.

I like some of the K Custom Dry/dark stuff... but since I only paid $50 for this and it should last forever, if I take care of it, then I don't see any reason to unload it for something modern. I would maybe consider trading it for a similar one if somebody had something that was a little dryer with a tad less low-end build-up. But otherwise this thing is the ****.

I'm still on the fence about having it "worked" on (smoothed edges, slightly enlarged hole). I know value means something to you guys but this thing will be played and probably be the only ride I own for a long time (I'm not a serious drummer, really a bass player that dabbles).

Anyway...

Posted on 14 years ago

From themilford

Yeah, so... I think I would keep it forever. There are very few cymbals on the market now that I would be able to replace it with.I like some of the K Custom Dry/dark stuff... but since I only paid $50 for this and it should last forever, if I take care of it, then I don't see any reason to unload it for something modern. I would maybe consider trading it for a similar one if somebody had something that was a little dryer with a tad less low-end build-up. But otherwise this thing is the ****.I'm still on the fence about having it "worked" on (smoothed edges, slightly enlarged hole). I know value means something to you guys but this thing will be played and probably be the only ride I own for a long time (I'm not a serious drummer, really a bass player that dabbles).Anyway...

I have a couple of K's, an Istanbul and a couple of EAK"s. I like 'em. I still don't recommend working on any cymbal, it will take away the sound it has once anything is done.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here