Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

Zephyr Lugs

Hi all, hope all is well. I recently purchased a 40s WFL blue and silver duco 13" tom with Zephyr lugs. I've never played a drum with Zephyrs, but something tells me they won't hold tension as well as Ludwig classic lugs.

Can anyone tell me if the Ludwig classic lugs will fit as replacements?

Thanks!

Posted on 15 years ago

I am pretty sure that the two lugs are'nt interchangeable but I have owned and played Zephyr lug WFL drums for years and I have never had any issues with them. I love the look and the seem fine to me. You just have to make sure they are threaded correctly.

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks for the info. Will Zephyrs retain rod tension (will the drum stay in tune) under heavy hitting?

Posted on 15 years ago

What are the hole spacing measurements on the tom?

David

Posted on 15 years ago

Bought it on ebay and haven't received it yet---I recently purchased a 24" WFL bass drum and was eager to find WFL toms to go with it, so I bought this tom before considering the cons of the Zephyr lugs---might be selling it soon if it can't be outfitted with sturdier classic lugs.

Posted on 15 years ago

I think the lugs would hold fine. That is just me though. How hard do you intend to hit?

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 15 years ago

Bonzo. In addition to new lugs, would replace hoops as well. Got it today. It's a beautiful drum---a tad worn finish wise (a nice historical feel), but very striking.

It came outfitted with Ibex heads---are these rare to find? Would def. would definitely not lay into them----very soft, round tone---like a big humid cloud. Might be selling it, soon.

Posted on 15 years ago

Actually, Bonzo's powerful sound was all in the wrists, not hard hitting.....the zephyr lugs should take it no problem, they are a thick steel after all....

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here