Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Yellowjacket advice needed

I'm cleaning up a pretty nice Yellowjacket pedal and I having no luck removing the pins that hold the spring cam onto the shaft. Any suggestions as to what tool would be best for this?

Posted on 13 years ago

You need a pin punch the same size as the pin. Harbor Freight has a set real cheap. With the right size punch, all it takes is a few hammer taps.

JR Frondelli
www.frondelli.com
www.dbmproaudio.com

Mediocre is the new "good"
Posted on 13 years ago

Exactly what JR said! I've refurbished lots of Slingerland pedals; Tempo King, Yellow Jacket and the Super Speed. All use the same cam and held on with that roll pin. You should be able to find a punch even at places like Lowe's or Home Depot. Good luck!

Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks for the responses, guys...I was pretty sure that's what I was going to need...in the absence of the right tool I decided to improvise with a nail that was the same size after using a hack saw to trim the nail to a flat end like a punch. It did the job, but I'll probably make a trip to Harbor Freight next week...there's one right near where I work. Right tool for the right job is always easier. Anyway, thanks again, it's always a pleasure dealing with everyone on this forum.

Posted on 13 years ago

You did a great job with your improvised punch! If you plan to ever work on pedals again, it's always great to have the proper tool for the job. Enjoy your pedal!

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here