Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Yamaha Tour Series from 80's?

I'm looking for any info that I can get regarding the older, discontinued Yamaha , I believe, Tour Series drums. The kit in question includes: 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 22x16 and hardware for $1200. It is a black "covered" kit. I believe it's birch/mahogony? The 8" model # is: TT808GC. I've looked all over the web and punched in the model number, but did not come up with anything. I'm pretty sure that it isn't the old 9000 series. I guess I'm looking for confirmation that it is the Tour Series. The lugs are the more oval(ish) lugs, not the high tension from Recording Series.

Any input regarding the Tour Series would be good. Thanks a lot. John

Posted on 17 years ago

John,

I can't answer your question but you mention you have checked the numbers..I also have an older yamaha set and am trying to check ser. numbers. Where might I find help with number search. Thanks.

Posted on 17 years ago

Hello all!

Yes, that sounds like the Tour Series lug to me.

Yamaha has a basic system for the serial number and it tells

you what the drum is TT - Tom Tom, SD - Snare Drum etc..

The size is also in the number and the finish type I believe is the last set.

I do not have my resources in front of me. You can also search Yamaha on this forum and you should see some other info about the drums and numbers.

Thanks

David

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here