Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Yamaha serial #,s

5424...Off a 70,s Yammy...Anyone know how to decipher this?

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

From wayne

5424...Off a 70,s Yammy...Anyone know how to decipher this?

Wayne, have you tried the serial # tool on the Yammie site? They have tool that you enter numbers in and it should tell you what you have.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

I always see the same numbers on these earlier Yamaha drums. I have never seen anything to indicate that they tie into anything important.

That Yamaha tool is very cool and here is a link to it.

That number will not work in the system, so they are probably not including the earliest Yamaha Drums

Yamaha Serial Numbers

David

Posted on 14 years ago

Thankyou,both of you.I did,nt know about that feature,however i still dont have a clue what 5424 means.David,i think you are right about the numbers being redundant,so i wonder why they documented them...or did they?

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

So i,ll assume they are just old w/o a birth certificate,or a SIN # [Canada],and no way to look up the family tree??

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

Hello.

My 5 peace vintage yamaha drumset has the serialnumber 5045. I`ve not seen any set with simmilar serialnumber. The set is in blur oyster pearl and give a great sound. I use it in a blues/rock band Oakland Mountain Band. I`m sure its 5 ply birch.

It`s a problem that Yamaha dont care of the late 60`s and early 70`s drumhistory.

Jon Ivar Eikeland, Molde in Norway

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here