Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Yamaha sd246 snare

So, the other day I was fortunate enough to pick up a late '60s - early '70s Star kit for free that came with a Yamaha 6.5 x 14 steel snare. Knowing absolutely nothing about Yamaha snares, I did a little research and discovered that it's apparently a SD246 model. It was in pretty filthy condition when I got it, but it cleaned up rather nicely. I actually like the sound of it, also. However, the snare has a tone control installed that obviously wasn't original to the drum (see attached pics). I tried unsuccessfully to find some pics of the identical model to determine what type of tone control was original to the drum. Unfortunately, the pics I found didn't show a tone control on the respective drums. I'm hoping that someone out there might be able to tell me whether this drum had a tone control installed when it was issued from the factory. If so, would any of you happen to have a pic of the "correct" tone control, since I'll be looking for one? Thanks in advance for your time and your help!

Posted on 6 years ago

Those didn't have a tone control, as I recall. The large hole is a vent, but the grommet was removed.

Posted on 6 years ago

From 8upwithit

Those didn't have a tone control, as I recall. The large hole is a vent, but the grommet was removed.

Thanks for your input! I appreciate it!

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here