Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Yamaha Rock Tour Custom

Is there a difference i quality, make, wood source and sound of RTC drums made in Japan and in England. Which factory in England produced those drums and so....any details on this subject?

Thanks

Posted on 8 years ago

Premier as far as i know! Some of the Drums they were made in England meant to be the best ever made...Recording Custom....Yes Sir

regards

Christian

Posted on 8 years ago

Yamaha and Premier merged from 1987 till approx 1992

During that period Yamaha Recording Customs for the European market were actually Premier made shells.

There was a couple of Yamaha models made in Engalnd (Power V maybe? or RTC) that were XPK shells but with birch inner plies instead of the black painted inners of the XPK at the time

Posted on 8 years ago

Thanks for quick response.... Any opinion on RTC drums, have an urge to collect one but not sure if it's worth ? Had the opportunity to try two drum sets with regular depths and drums were not much louder then recording custom in direct comparison.. and non of bass drums I've tried 22x16 were not particularly loud or projective.... should I go for turbo sizes?

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here