Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

Yamaha 'Road'series tension rods-6MM

Greeting,folks.I am looking for 6MM diameter tension rods to complete a restoration-the set was purchased from Daddy's Junky Music online with no bottom rims or rods.

20 6MM 1 3/4" tom rods

1 6MM 2" snare rod

8 6MM 4 1/2" T-rods.

Someone played a cruel joke-these rods are made of unobtanium.Calls to various drum stores and even Yamaha have elicited responses of....

HUH? 6MM long? Do you mean like DW/Pacific?

NO-If you hold these next to a 12/24 rod,the diameter is VERY slightly larger and,of course with metric thread pitch.If you thread the 6MM rod into a 12/24 lug,it goes in 1/2 thred and stops-jams.Conversely,a 12/24 rod threads into a 6MM lug too loosely to grab.

Why,you may ask,even bother with crappy mahogany 9-ply student model bastard-child drums?Well-BECAUSE!

P.S.-I am saying 6MM because the threadad rod from the hardware store says 6MM X 1MM

Posted on 15 years ago

Hi,P.M. me i think i will be able to help you out with the 6mm t0rods..thanks mikey

Posted on 15 years ago

From teverson-sr

Someone played a cruel joke-these rods are made of unobtanium.Calls to various drum stores and even Yamaha have elicited responses of....HUH? 6MM long? Do you mean like DW/Pacific?Why,you may ask,even bother with crappy mahogany 9-ply student model bastard-child drums?Well-BECAUSE!P.S.-I am saying 6MM because the threadad rod from the hardware store says 6MM X 1MM

Laughing HLaughing HLaughing HLaughing HLaughing H

...sorry...

I am going through something similar with some..."drums"...I found last weekend...sux! Here I am cruising along, thinking all is good, then I find the swivo-nuts in one of the 16" floor toms are completely different than the rest, and the "funny" part???? Yeah, you know it, I mixed them all together....all 4,237 of them....Cooked Egg

(yes, they are all the same, so it don't matter if they get mixed up, right?) Well, I can't help with anything, but I can hold your hand and let you cry on my shoulder....

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 15 years ago

I think I have some of what you need. See the pic - these all have the same thread - diameter is slightly larger than 12/24 with slightly smaller thread, from old japanese drums. Do either of the t-rods look right? From the left I have quantity six, seven, four (although I show three) and one. And I threw in a pic of the BD lug in case that's the same. Let me know if you think its what you need.

2 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Yes-the second from the left T-rod looks correct and the regular rod(short)also looks correct.Lets'make a deal!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here