Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.05637%

Yamaha Recording Custom: How old is it?

Hey everybody

Need some help...

I bought a Yamaha RC 22-10-12-14 today, 780 Euros. Condition is veeeery decent, so i think I made a pretty good deal.

However, i tried to find out how old that thing is, and found this link: http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/musical-instruments/drums/ac-drumsets/806/4177

But this dating guide makes no sense for my drum set. I attached a pic of the 12''-badge.

Can anyone help me with that? The only thing i can say is that it's pre-YESS

I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Jonas

1 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

Around 1980 - 1983

I have a kick with same badge

Beat em' like they owe you money!
Posted on 12 years ago

As I understand it, that drum was made in September, 1988.

The O indicates the year (1988) and the P indicates the month (9).

Cheers,

Ryan

Posted on 12 years ago

Hey guys

Thanks for your replies!

Shireman: Are there different badges for the recording custom? Is there any online guide to yamaha badges?! I'm confused.. :-)

rculberson: Yep, that's what i figured –*but the thing is that the first letter is not an "O", it's the number "0". That's why I'm asking...

And that's exactly the weird thing!

Best regards from Switzerland

Jonas

Posted on 12 years ago

From thegordian

rculberson: Yep, that's what i figured –*but the thing is that the first letter is not an "O", it's the number "0". That's why I'm asking...And that's exactly the weird thing!Best regards from SwitzerlandJonas

Jonas,

I'd be willing to bet that the worker at the Yamaha factory in Japan probably got the type-set character wrong and accidentally grabbed a 0 instead of an O.

I'm still sticking with the September 1988 date.

Cheers,

Ryan

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here