Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Yamaha old HS710 HiHat stand/ parts...

Hello all -- I know this might be a little insane... I have a Yamaha HS710 HiHat stand, from the late 70s/early 80s. In the center of the stand, where the "top tube" goes into the bottom section, there is a black plastic part, BUT/AND, there is also a metal, semi-circular, free-standing piece that rests with the black piece, and gets "pressed against" when you tighten the thumb bolt. I'm looking for that curved metal piece. Any ideas on where to find a weird part such as that??...

Thank you all very much --- Tony V.

Posted on 7 years ago

The quickest and cheapest option is to get a donor stand. They sell regularly and for not too much.

Its not in the parts order system anymore unfortunately.

www.musiqoundsproductions.com
Posted on 7 years ago

OK -- sounds good -- thanks! -- TV

Posted on 7 years ago

Well, now that I think about it ---- where do you suggest I look for a "donor" old Yamaha Hihat stand?... (I did look on this site in the "For Sale" spot, but didn't find any...) My local Craigslist?.. Thank you.

Posted on 7 years ago

Yes CG, eBay, Gumtree, Kleinanzeigen, ZInkif etc. Quite some spots over the world where they pop up :D

www.musiqoundsproductions.com
Posted on 7 years ago

Cool --- all makes sense. Thank you!

Posted on 7 years ago

Cut that piece from a section of emt and file to fit...

Posted on 7 years ago

Not certain what you mean but here's a regular pic and an exploded view of it?...

Posted on 7 years ago

I gotcha...what you want is not pictured in my post..sorry

It's a type of compression ring in the bigger tube of the hat stand.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here