Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Yamaha Maple Custom 18" Bass

Is there any heightened value in an 18" bass like other makers? Or are they just not common but nothing special?

Thanks ~

Posted on 7 years ago

IMHO I believe there is something of a premium here in the UK.

For example there was an18x14 apparently recently sold on e-bay (UK) for £700.00. I'll let you do the conversion to dollars! Check out sold listings on e-bay UK. 17 bids, although some of them do look somewhat questionable.

I suspect if someone really wants one of these drums then they will pay because being relatively rare they just don't come up that often.

As a footnote I would say that any Yamaha drum at this level is special !

Posted on 7 years ago

From Lance

IMHO I believe there is something of a premium here in the UK.For example there was an18x14 apparently recently sold on e-bay (UK) for £700.00. I'll let you do the conversion to dollars! Check out sold listings on e-bay UK. 17 bids, although some of them do look somewhat questionable.I suspect if someone really wants one of these drums then they will pay because being relatively rare they just don't come up that often.As a footnote I would say that any Yamaha drum at this level is special !

Thank you Lance for the reply. Even with the suspect bids I think $950 is low (and I'd say 2 of those bidders were buyer; only 2 actual I'd say).

Chris

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here