Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Yamaha guys--one final thing..

Hoping you Yamaha guys can tell me if the current Yamaha floor tom legs used on all their high end drums will fit vintage Tour Series (8000) and Recording Custom (9000) floor tom brackets ? I had an earlier thread describing a problem with a possible non yamaha floor tom leg that was different from the others that i had on my Tour series floor tom..I now have the opportunity to pick up a new replacement Yamaha leg from a drum shop a couple of hours away in my nation's capital of Ottawa Ontario. According to the owner Dave, he says they should fit, but i wanted to clear it by you Yamaha guys first before i drop $45 on a floor tom leg..

Thanks in advance for responses !

Cheers,

Rob

Posted on 7 years ago

Yamaha Diva not... these days anyhow....... but you need 10.5mm Dia min... (less than that, Eg 10.2mm) ... will lock up OK to the knurled section, but will not tighten positively to the smooth section.. Hence you need to remove them in transit mode... (a pain in the butt)..

Cheers

John

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 7 years ago

These fit as far as I know the diameter never changed just the angle of the bottom part and the knurled location.

Edit.

My friend who owns the new and old Rock Tour Custom confirms this.

www.musiqoundsproductions.com
Posted on 7 years ago

Thanks to all for the info. I will go ahead and purchase the leg.

longjohn- I'm not worried about the smooth part of the leg, as i usually have my floor passed midsection almost to the top,

in other words, pretty high..As long as the knurled section fits snug, i'm good to go ;)

cheers,

Rob

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here