Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

Yamaha Drums

I picked up this kit from Goodwill for a guy in Minnesota, he only wanted the floor tom and said that I could keep the rest. It came with a Stage Custom tom, but I'm not sure what series the black drums are. All the badges say Made in Japan.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted on 1 year ago

You may check the catalogs here:

http://www.drumarchive.com/Yamaha/

There are also some serial number code-breakers here:

https://faq.yamaha.com/usa/s/article/U0004177

Josh

Posted on 1 year ago

The black drums are from the Yamaha Stage (5000) series from the early to mid 80's. Serial number and hardware indicates the 12" tom was made in November of 1985. The green 10" tom is obviously newer.

Posted on 1 year ago

From Geardaddy

The black drums are from the Yamaha Stage (5000) series from the early to mid 80's. Serial number and hardware indicates the 12" tom was made in November of 1985. The green 10" tom is obviously newer.

Ya, that's what I was thinking, do you know what the shells are made from on the black drums? I have the whole kit on CL for $100.

Posted on 1 year ago

Everything I can find says either Luan or Luan and "other" woods. So they are beginner to intermediate drums. Being Yamaha and made in Japan they are high quality for what they are. I personally would have passed on them without the floor tom. An incomplete kit will be much harder to sell. You will probably have better luck selling them individually. Especially the mismatched one.

Posted on 1 year ago

I didn't pay anything for them, like I said, I just picked them up from Goodwill and brought the floor tom to UPS and he payed the shipping. He payed $19 for the whole kit and it cost him $122 to ship the floor tom.

Btw, I put them on CL yesterday and I already have a guy that wants them.Clapping Happy2

Posted on 1 year ago

Well-made drums of lesser grade wood.

With nice heads, they sound fine. Narrower tuning range than the Stage Custom Birch or Recording Custom drums, but a really awesome first kit for someone. Way nicer build quality than the China made drums from the same era.

Cobalt Blue Yamaha Recording Custom 20b-22b-8-10-12-13-15-16f-18f
Red Ripple '70's Yamaha D-20 20b-12-14f
Piano Black Yamaha Recording Custom Be-Bop kit 18b-10-14f
Snares:
Yamaha COS SDM5; Yamaha Cobalt Blue RC 5-1/2x14; Gretsch round badge WMP; 1972 Ludwig Acrolite; 1978 Ludwig Super Sensitive; Cobalt Blue one-off Montineri; Yamaha Musashi 6.5X13 Oak; cheap 3.5X13 brass piccolo
Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here