Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Yamaha Definitive shells

Anyone hear own a set of these, that can share your thought regarding the overall quality?..Im about to trade for a 12,16, 22 and know little about them, other than they appear to be very well put together

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 4 years ago

I see this one has stumped the experts...no one knows it all!!

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 4 years ago

From wayne

I see this one has stumped the experts...no one knows it all!!

Wayne!

Since you're trying to stump us, I'll include the link where you brought this up over at DFO!!!

https://www.drumforum.org/threads/yamaha-definitive.174531/#post-1953263

I'll admit that I was stumped to, until I found out that this was a line not available in the US!

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

I've not heard of them but I've never heard bad Yamaha shells either.

63' Slingerland Gene Kruppa kit (W/ COB Snare)
64' Gretsch Bop kit
65' Ludwig Club Date kit
Posted on 4 years ago

LOL; not trying to stump anyone but i cant believe Yamaha would introduce a kit NOT available to the US. This is the very first Yammy kit i,ve ever owned, only because i traded for cymbals, but im curious about it because they claim its their attempt to capture that vintage sound...we shall see.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 4 years ago

From wayne

LOL; not trying to stump anyone but i cant believe Yamaha would introduce a kit NOT available to the US. This is the very first Yammy kit i,ve ever owned, only because i traded for cymbals, but im curious about it because they claim its their attempt to capture that vintage sound...we shall see.

wayne! I completely agree that this fine line of Yamaha drums should have been introduced in the US as well. I don't exactly know how their marketing department works and what determines what, and what not, will be sold in the US market. All I can say is that I LOVED my Maple Custom Absolute kit from 20 years ago. Simple and beautiful lugs and I always liked the YESS tom mounting system. NEVER had an issue with it! In fact, I used the YESS system to upgrade my PDP X7 kit!

-Mark

1 attachments
Posted on 4 years ago

Im going to offer this kit up for sale..22,10,12,13,14,16..some hardware with it, but make me a decent offer and its yours,

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 4 years ago

This will be for Ontario Canada only. Can drive to meet you if possible or shipping in the upper 10 only

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here