Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Yamaha D22 / Star Drums

I recently had my Yamaha D22 birch toms (13 and 16) re-wrapped in a red glitter wrap and added an old Star 22" kick drum to the equation and had that wrapped too. I'm quite happy with the results. I did however change the front head on the pictures for a black Yamaha logo reso head.

Drums: Ludwig / Star / Tama / Yamaha
Snares: Arai /Mapex / Ludwig / Slingerland / Star / Tama
Cymbals: Meinl / Paiste / Tosco / Wuhan /Zildjian / Zyn
Posted on 6 years ago

Very nice ! Great job on the wrap !

Cheers,

Rob

Posted on 6 years ago

Great resto and fab looking wrap. Ive played many a MIJ kit and once you finish them off with better bearing edges they sound amazing and will give any other maker a run for the money. Nice looking kit.

Posted on 6 years ago

Nice job! That's a killer looking kit - love that red glitter wrap - it really pops !!

Doug

Posted on 6 years ago

Thank you very much guys. One thing that did amaze me was that Star kick drum. I picked it up cheaply and thought it would be a good MIJ fit for the toms but did not expect too much sound wise. It has a killer tone - nice fat thump even with a real crappy batter head. Maybe it’s a lucky tuning but at this stage I prefer it to my ‘71 MPM Ludwig 22x14 kick drum�� Cheers and have a great day.

Drums: Ludwig / Star / Tama / Yamaha
Snares: Arai /Mapex / Ludwig / Slingerland / Star / Tama
Cymbals: Meinl / Paiste / Tosco / Wuhan /Zildjian / Zyn
Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here