Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Yamaha BD-924A

HI ! I was wondering if anyone could help me, i had a look at a 1981 yamaha catalogue online and could see a Bd-924E ,so Bd-924A would this be older, its a 14 x 24", i would really like to get some toms to go with, i'm not sure if this is a 9000, any information would be great as i'm pretty thick when it comes down to it, thanks and cheers!!

Posted on 13 years ago

oops they came out small

2 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

I have a YD 9000-D kit from 1979/1980, which has the same shells with single (tour style) lugs. Even though the Yamaha site lists them as birch/camellia, the catalog from the time states 100% birch and the Yamaha reps I have spoken with have told me the website is wrong. I have never seen the "A" shells. I think, and I could be wrong, the first YD 9000 kits Yamaha produced had the high-tension lugs. For some reason they switched to the single lugs for a couple of years, then went back to the high-tension lugs in 1981 before changing the name to Recording Series. Of course, I could be completely wrong. It is difficult to find information on older Yamaha kits.

I don't know if the "A" means the kit is older than other letter designations or if it just signifies the factory where it was produced. Either way, I have had my kit for 30 years and it still looks and sounds incredible. If you can find the toms to go with the BD, you will have a beautiful kit!

Posted on 13 years ago

A is the earliest model. The edge shape is different than later Recording Custom models.

And all YD 9000 & Recording Custom are 100% birch.

Posted on 13 years ago

Hi, thanks DrummerMP and takauya!the earliest model of the 9000's cool!

Yeah i'm definitely keeping a keen eye on ebay for some toms

Posted on 13 years ago

These drums date back to the late 70s or very early 80s (81/82). They are from the 9000 series line [which was Yamaha’s professional line...9000 (top), 7000 (mid), 5000 (entry)], which was the precursor to Yamaha’s renowned Recording Custom drum line.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here