Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Yamaha 9000 series value

I am looking at purchasing a four piece Yamaha 9000 series in a white wrap finish. Standard sizes, 22, 12, 13, 16. They appear to be in good shape. What would a fair market value be? I have heard that these drums are the pre-cursor to the Recording Custom series and that they are pretty amazing drums. Is this correct?

Posted on 8 years ago

As far as i know is the 9000 series the forerunner of the Recording Custom Series...and they should sound amazing!

regards

Christian

Posted on 8 years ago

Yes they are excellent. My guess would be $600-800 range? Don't let them tell you they're Recording Customs because technically they aren't. They're not Made in Japan and Yamaha fans like the MIJ Yammies. Just saying, in case you're looking to resell eventually. Love white drums though...

The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Posted on 8 years ago

+1 on larryz these are cool sounding drums!

regards

Christian

Posted on 8 years ago

Did you end up getting these Verm? Looks like someone did :)

The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Posted on 8 years ago

I did not.

Posted on 8 years ago

I just bought them and can't wait. The metal hoops are throwing me off but I was told that some 9000 came that way.

Posted on 8 years ago

Whoa did the previous deal fall through? These weer available for a super price ($450??). Congrats and give us some better pics later..

Posted on 8 years ago

From larryz

Whoa did the previous deal fall through? These weer available for a super price ($450??). Congrats and give us some better pics later..

There was a Guitar Center glitch that I took advantage of. These were never sold but no one could get to the actual ad because of the glitch. I had called customer service to get the stores phone number. I got them for $399. On a bad note, these are the 9000 series but with a DA designation. This apparently means that they are not birch but Camille and Mahogany. No one can really confirm this, but the inside of the shells look to be stained wood or a really well sanded Phillipine Mahogany. At any rate, I just scored a time period matching metal snare for $99 so I am pretty stoked. This was a very confusing time for Yamaha especially if you are trying to get information. I think these are from the late 70's before the Recording Customs.

Posted on 8 years ago

I just got the drums. They look and sound amazing. They are six ply drums made of a dark inner ply (looks to be stained birch) and other woods. I found a period matching 7500 snare (which was offered with this kit per the catalog) and together they are amazing.

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here