Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

WWII WFL Project

Also posted on DFO. . . .

Hey Guys,

I'm in the midst of the WWII WFL WMP project. I have finally gotten at lest almost to the point of completion. It has been an arduous task as ALL of the wood parts needed to be stripped past the Black/factory silver/factory cream primer. Sanded etc. stained, wooled, cleared, sanded and buffed. The metal parts were dull grey or brown from age. They were Dremel buffed sanded polished buffed. The floating bearing edge hoops were slightly misshaped so I had to Dremel grind/sand the inner rings of the drum a bit to allow smooth sliding action. I also stained the interior to show off the tuning slats better.

I am following the lead of the Slingerland Rolling Bombers and Bermuda's L&L Victory kit and staining ALL of the wood bits to resemble rosewood. This would be hoops/lugs/ and all mounts. Also the Wooden foot pedal and snare stand.. .I have attached some pix. Now I'm sure some purists will say that I am making a mistake. The mistake was made when EVERYTHING was painted black before me. Additionally I plan to celebrate the only word that described this special period in time. . . WOOD. .I am happy with the results.. .I am also restoring another snare drum but the opposite colors. It was BEAT UP marble . . . Now only a 13 a 7 and a 26 to go . .. uuhhhggg

Enjoy

[IMG]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc117/joeyboom1/Ludwig%20Slingerland/WW%20II%20WFL%20VICTORIOUS%20RESTO%20Dec%2011/WFLWMPSNfinal028.jpg[/IMG]

http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc117/joeyboom1/Ludwig%20Slingerland/WW%20II%20WFL%20VICTORIOUS%20RESTO%20Dec%2011/

Just click the above link for more resto shots. . ..[COLOR="Sienna"] BOOM[/COLOR]

Keep em Flying ! ✈️
Posted on 12 years ago

Wow, spectacular work!

Gary G.
1963 Ludwig Gold Sparkle Hollywood Kit
Ludwig Collection: 10 Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Customized Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Vintage Foot Pedals, 1 Single Value Bugle
Posted on 12 years ago

Joey - All I can say is; I am deeply impressed. Wonderful restoration.

More please!

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 12 years ago

Beautiful work!

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 12 years ago

Joey,

Great work. It would be nice to take a finished drum to a VFW post to see if any vets recognize the style...

-kellyj

"It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing..."
Posted on 12 years ago

VERY NICE WORK......I have one of those also...., a 14x11.. i need to find some parts ..If anyone knows or, has any please let me know i need internal as well as external parts ..Thank You,craig

Sticks Wicks
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here