Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

WTD: Classic strainer guts

Hi all - I have about half of a WFL classic strainer and I'm looking for the rest. I'm missing: the arm, the center nut that the arm screws into, the knob, and the screws to mount to the shell. Do you happen to have any/all of these parts? I'll consider a whole one but would like to put the original back together. I have some parts to trade but would prefer to buy outright.

Thanks,

Herb

Posted on 17 years ago

Is it chrome or nickle?

Posted on 17 years ago

Chrome, please.

Thanks,

Herb

Posted on 17 years ago

Herb,

There are two versions of the early WFL Classic Strainer and the mounting hole distance is the key. Let me know...

Posted on 17 years ago

I don't have the chrome parts but would you be interested to trade what you have, i.e. hoops, lugs, strainer and butt for a complete set in nickle??

Posted on 17 years ago

Hi - sorry, I've been away for a few days. And sorry, I don't think I'm up for the trade. I actually like nickel but prefer to keep the drum the way that it came to me. I have another complete chrome unit (on a marcher) that I can use. I was just hoping to complete the original since it is solid, just missing the few pieces. Ideally I'd find one that has the top section broken/cracked as was common.

Thanks,

Herb

Posted on 17 years ago

I'm not sure where you're located, but if you happen to be in the Albany, NY area, or want to make a phone call, Drome Sound in Albany (a new musical instrument store, nothing vintage really) has an old parts bin from when they first opened with two classic strainers, one nickel, one chrome, both complete in good shape...

~Chris

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here