Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

WTB Vintage Bongos, Timbales

Hi all. I'm looking to buy traditional latin vintage bongos such as Gon Bops, Valje, LP's, old unidentified, not drum kit bongos. Those I seek are made of wood with no wrap. I'm also in the market for vintage timbales such as LP's, Leedy, unidentified, etc. PM me with what you got. Straight out purchase or possible trade. Thanks.

Posted on 6 years ago

Mike are you ready to spend the big bucks jaja. Here you have something very interesting. In 1935 the timbales industry was not what it is today the companies that made the made them in sizes such as Ludwig in wooden timbales in 9 1/2 and 13, Others such as the Gretsch 10 and 13 and The oddball Cuban timbales That came in 14 1/2 x 15 1/4 and a few other odd sizes. In the 1930's there was a gentleman name Henry Adler located on 42nd street in Manhattan NY. He had one of the best repair man in the business back then His name Charles Tappan He did all the skin tucking and all the repairs on drums need. The time came that Charles got tired of mounting heads for timbales and have customers wait for days due to the huge backlog of work mounting heads. So he decided to make a set of timbales the would have standard heads that you could walk into the store and buy a head ready to use the same day. The timbales became a Huge success but know they had another problem. They could not keep up with the building of the timbales and its sales. In 1939 Henry tried to get someone to manufacture the timbales but had no success. Lucky For Henry Conn Music came to henry for him to recommend some with the idea to build a set of timbales. Henry told them what was going on with the timbales he was building and the agreed to manufacture under there name so Henry Licenced the patent and History was made. The Leedy timbales were born. THis is what the original look like before Leedy started to manufacture the timbales. Note Humberto Morales playing them. Note Lugs are Radio King. These were Humberto Morales set a historic peace of history. THe Photos of Humberto were taken back 1932 way before Leedy had any intent of making timbales. This set is Valued and has been assessed at $4500.00 by American Drum association. The only one know to be available from that era. bells and bell mount not included were just used for Photos

Posted on 6 years ago

Then you you have one of the first Leedy Before Humberto Morales being endorsed By Leedy. Brand New Never played and still in its box this is valued at $3500.00

5 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago

I also have other thing that are much cheaper in price that are not Vintage but getting to that stage some hand made solid shell bongos made in Colombia other from different manufactures. Those range $400.00 to $450.00

Posted on 6 years ago

On Facebook they Put a set they are asking for $900. for a mid 1952-54 era. but in repairs you must invest about $2000.00 that straightening, checking cracks, clean up , making original stand. and welding and covering any holes it may have.

Here you have a link

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/groups/?multi_permalinks=1781266985229260¬if_id=1526787059117723¬if_t=commerce_interesting_product&ref=notif

Posted on 6 years ago

I'm more in the market for bongos, they don't take up much room. Vintage always vintage. When I hit the lottery I'll hit you up for some of your beauties, lol.

Posted on 6 years ago

Jajaja I just sent you an email on a set they Put up

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here