Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

WTB Slingy Tempo King Parts

I just bought a 70’s vintage Slingerland Tempo King pedal to complete my set. Upon receiving it, though, I discovered that the spring loop and pivot bolt (my terms - they are probably called something else) are VERY WORN. This is where the top end of the spring attaches to the moving assembly. (Please see photo). Somebody put in their pedal time!

If you happen to have either of these items, please let me know what you need to get for them. PM works.

Thanks!

Josh

Posted on 6 years ago

I wish I could help with the "pivot bolt" - I'm not sure of what the proper term is either. However, the one on my parts pedal is worn about as bad as yours, maybe worse. As for the spring, you can get a replacement from Gibraltar or others at your local music store or online.

Good luck finding the "pivot bolt." You may have to buy a parts pedal on eBay or something.

Lynn

I'm no guru, just a vintage drum junkie!

Psalm 150:5
1945 Slingerland RK sparkling gold pearl 26/13/14/16/early 50s 5.5x14 Krupa RK
1967 Slingerland green glass glitter 20/12/14/Hollywood Ace
60s Slingerland 24/13/16/7x14 project
24/13/16/7x14 project RKs
60s 5 & 6.5 Sound Kings
1942 7x14 WMP Krupa RK
1930s Slingerland Universal
1967 Ludwig Hollywood sparkling blue pearl 22/12/13/16
1967 Ludwig Supraphonic 400 & 402
1965 Ludwig Jazz Fest sparkling blue pearl
1923 Ludwig 5x14 NOB
Posted on 6 years ago

Hi Josh!

I was just working on some of my Tempo King pedals and I may have these parts. I'm not home right now, but should be able to check tomorrow. Will send a PM with what I have.

-Mark

Posted on 6 years ago

Mark,

That would be most excellent!! (I used that phrase waaaayyy before Keanu Reeves did).

Josh

Posted on 6 years ago

Hi Josh,

I just sent you a PM, but was unable to attach pictures of the bearings I use from a Yellow Jacket pedal. I'll post the pictures here. These bearings and S hooks from the Yellow Jacket work great!

-Mark

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here