Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

WTB: Slingerland TDR strainer back plate and butt plate

I am restoring a Slingerland marching snare for use with my Ludwig stainless steel set. The snare has the butt side assembly, that has some gut snares left on it. I am either going to use phosphor bronze guitar strings to replace the gut, or just replace the whole butt side. I have the strainer, but not the plate that goes behind it. If anyone has some extra ones laying around, please get in touch with me. Thank you all.

Ludwig Mod Orange May 1969
5x14 Supraphonic

Early 70s Ludwig Mod Orange
8x12 Concert Tom
10x14 Concert Tom
12x15 Concert Tom

50's Gretsch 10" x 14" marching snare. Refinished in clear lacquer. Tube lugs!
Posted on 14 years ago

FYI in case you might find it handy: Tennis racquet string makes a great snare drum gut replacement. Some drum manufacturers have even used the stuff as the OEM guts on recent model marching snares. I've had good luck with Wilson Stamina 16 string, which can be found dirt cheap online. Gamma synthetic gut string seems like it would be a decent option, too, and I've seen it in a brownish color that's a reasonable visual match to most drum companies' snare guts.

[SIZE="2"]{EDIT} Uploaded a picture of a snare that was re-strung with racquet string. String it through, heat the end, and mushroom it.[/SIZE]

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

From Major Happy Chord

I am restoring a Slingerland marching snare for use with my Ludwig stainless steel set. The snare has the butt side assembly, that has some gut snares left on it. I am either going to use phosphor bronze guitar strings to replace the gut, or just replace the whole butt side. I have the strainer, but not the plate that goes behind it. If anyone has some extra ones laying around, please get in touch with me. Thank you all.

I think i have the part you are asking about,you need the plate that goes behine the strainer side of drum?? If so i have it..Best to email me P.M. box gets full everyday//Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

In case you could make use of it...

There's a TDR butt on eBay right now with a full set of guts:

http://cgi.ebay.com/300456875283

I don't know if it's for a 14" or 15" drum.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here