Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

WTB Rogers Swivo pedal (1970s)

Hi all,

I'm looking for a later model Rogers Swivomatic "transition" pedal that has the lever-operated hoop clamp. Basically, a Supreme with a two-piece Swivo footboard.

Hit me up if any of you have one to sell!

Posted on 6 years ago

AA!

I suspect you are looking for this one .. I'll attach some pics of mine. I play Swivo's as my main pedals, and have done so for close to the last 20 years! That said, yes ... WITH the needle bearings in all! I hunted down the model shown here for when I have to play/use backline, as this way I can still play a Swivo, but the clamping feature means you don't need the plate that attaches to the bass drum with the earlier Swivo-Matics! This model is not that easy to find today, but if you persevere, you may find one. The SUPREME is another option of course, but for me, too bulky ... but that is of course subjective. I have a SUPREME in my collection, but have never actively gigged it. That said, much easier to locate a nice SUPREME than the "transition" model. Here are some pics of mine, and a Rogers ad showing all three. ENJOY!

Tommyp

Posted on 6 years ago

Thanks for your reply. I've actually seen these same photos of your pedals and the catalog scan while doing my research on these guys! They are in beautiful condition!

I could really kick myself; last week someone was selling exactly what I am looking for on Reverb, and during my hemming and hawing somebody bought it. That is a lesson hard learned and now I await a similar deal, hopefully not in vain.

I don't *need* a new pedal but I did play one of these when starting out so nostalgia is kicking in and these really are boss pedals. The lever clamp itself is a no brainer that I don't know how it didn't take off...

Posted on 6 years ago

While I have you here; I understand that the Swivo and Supreme each accept a different beater shaft diameter. Are they both big enough to take a modern (say, DW) beater? It looks like you have an aftermarket weight on the beaters in your pics so I'm going to assume yes...

And, thoughts on this Dynomatic that Rogers just came out with? Seeing ads for it is what got me jonesing for an old Swivo; that new model just seems a bit too busy in contrast to the practical minimalism of the Swivo/Supreme...

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here