Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

WTB: Rogers B&B era WMP 22/16/13 with 6.5x14

I'm looking for a Rogers bread and butter WMP 22/16/13 and matching 6.5x14 snare drum.

Please let me know if you know of anybody selling a set like this.

Posted on 15 years ago

Buy the best condition of this you can afford. The bread & butter lugs are very fragile and don't take well to high tunings as they are notorious for cracking. Be prepared to pay HUGE $$$$ for a kit like this.....the snare alone would probably bring $2500.00.....Yes Sir

Posted on 15 years ago

Sorry I haven't figure out what B&B means but I have a Blue sparkle Rodgers kit for sale. Its in verygood shape I don't know what I have the snare is a powertone with original label inside but the rest are Holiday it has a 22/16/13with zildian cymbals a 20in ride and 14in hi-hat all parts are original and have the Dayton label to prove it asking 1000.00 for the whole shooting match. Except the cymbals of course let me know.

Posted on 14 years ago

I agree, does B&B mean bread and butter era as in the 50's and 60's or just the 60's ? I'd like to know as well as I don't have The Rogers Book...

Found it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

There's a Rogers WMP B&B kit currently on e-Bay, but not in the configuration you're looking for. It's got a 20" bass drum in lieu of the 22" .

Posted on 14 years ago

B&B stands for "bread and butter" refering to the style of lugs......the lugs look like a loaf of bread so they are nicknamed bread and butter. They were made out of drawn brass and are usually found cracked at the ends from overtensioning the drum. They are on the fragile side, so to find them in good shape is rare. The b&b lugs stopped being used in the early 60's when they changed over to the cast beavertail style lug.

Hope that helps clear some terms up for you.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here