Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

WTB Olympic snare lugs

I'm looking for one or two olympic snare lugs from the late 50's for a 5" deep snare. I'm in Australia too if that helps, since there may have been more of these kits over here.

Posted on 17 years ago

No luck on ebay Oz or Trading Post? There is a Premier fansite http://www.vintprem.moonfruit.com/ where you might get some tips (or the guy may have some himself if he's that much of a fanatic). Ultimately I think checking in on ebay.co.uk regularly will give you the best results though you might have to contend with tough shipping costs.

Having said that there were certainly heaps of Olympic kits floating around Oz. I'd be surprised if you couldn't pick up an old trashed kit somewhere and just cannibalise it. Or has the whole vintage thing exploded back home now as well? Wasn't the vibe I got last time I was back.

Cheers,

David

Posted on 17 years ago

I'm not really much in the 'scene' if you know what I mean. But I don't think it's taken off here that much.

The main reason I have interest in the Drouyn's is due to my fathers connection with them. And the olympic was owned by a mate; a singer, keyboardist and guitarist; who had it and 2 drouyn kits (one of which I now have).

I guess I consider it a cheap way to get a 'good' kit. Plus the wraps are kind of funky. I'm not that worried about authenticity as such. My jason kit has new rims including bass drum, new mounting hardware etc. Since I'm no real handiman I'm interested in making the olympic and drouyn look good again. Even going to restore the hoops on the drouyn.

I'm thinking of using the 26"x11.5" olympic bass drum as a kind of woofer ala dw. But now I'm rambling. Toilet band3

Posted on 17 years ago

Actually just saw an Olympic 12 x 8 tom in a drum workshop immediately after I read this (in Sweden, admittedly). Snare was how deep?

D

Posted on 17 years ago

Ok didn't read your first mail clearly when I replied. Ignore me.

d

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here