Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

WTB: old style WFL P-83 strainer, or parts

I just picked up a 1959 Ludwig Pioneer that has a broken strainer - a prior owner muscled the lever until it snapped in half (see pics below). So I'm looking at my options:

[LIST=1]

[*]A vintage WFL exact replacement.

[*]A later '60s style Ludwig P-83 to replace it, assuming the holes match up.

[*]A replacement lever section from a junked P-83 to repair this one.

[/LIST]

The drum isn't is great shape cosmetically, so I'd love to save some money by getting something that is equally raggedy looking. If I can't do any of the above for a reasonable price, I'll just live with it as-is, since it does still work, it's just a little awkward to operate.

Please PM. Thanks.

Scott

3 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

From checker758

I just picked up a 1959 Ludwig Pioneer that has a broken strainer - a prior owner muscled the lever until it snapped in half (see pics below). So I'm looking at my options:[LIST=1][*]A vintage WFL exact replacement.[*]A later '60s style Ludwig P-83 to replace it, assuming the holes match up.[*]A replacement lever section from a junked P-83 to repair this one.[/LIST]The drum isn't is great shape cosmetically, so I'd love to save some money by getting something that is equally raggedy looking. If I can't do any of the above for a reasonable price, I'll just live with it as-is, since it does still work, it's just a little awkward to operate.Please PM. Thanks.Scott

Hey Scott, I have the lever that you are looking for..P.m. me if you like...mikey

Posted on 15 years ago

From MIKEY777

Hey Scott, I have the lever that you are looking for..P.m. me if you like...mikey

Mikey,

Please check your PMs!

Thanks.

Scott

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here