Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.86430%

WTB - Mid 60's Ludwig Bass Drum legs

Hey Guys..new to the forum and loving all your drumsets. So I have a mid-60s Ludwig Silver Sparkle Kit (see photo) in great shape that I still play all the time.

Many years ago I had the bass drum legs removed because I didn't find them stable enough and replaced them with a set of Pearl Bass Drum legs. The problem is that the person who drilled them didn't do it high enough on the bass drum and so either if the bass drum sits flat on the ground the legs are diagonal and don't dig into the ground. if they are straight up and down the bass drum is at an angle. I've never been able to find a shorter set of bass drum legs that will allow the bass drum to sit flat on the floor. And I'm hesitant to put more holes in the bass drum.

I must have disgarded the old pair of legs so does anyone know where I can buy a pair online? I've seen them on ebay from time to time but they were pretty shabby looking.

And help would be greatly appreciated.

Darren

Posted on 13 years ago

Try Mikey777 or Vintage Drum Bug....They may have the spurs you're looking for....Shoot them a pm....

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 13 years ago

I do have a set of 1960s Ludwig spurs but they are sold i think right now..But you can fix the ones that you have on the set they look like Pearls or copys of them..This is the way i have fixed or re-work the spurs..first take the tubes apart un-screw the t-nut or drum key nut that holds the smaller tube that goes into the bigger tube,take off the clamp-[off the bigger tube] that the screw goes into,then you can cut the bigger tube down,then re-put on the clamp piece on the tube,put the small tube back into the bigger tube...Then your spurs will work on your bass drum....Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

Mikey

Thank you very much for the reply. Upon further evaluation, I'm pretty certain that the two holes originally drilled in the bass drum for the spurs have been enlarged to accomodate the Pearl spurs. So if I bought a pair of original Ludwig spurs, my guess is that they won't fit right and be too loose.

So back to your suggest; everything makes sense to me. I'll just need to find someone that has a metal cutting saw.

Thanks

Darren

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here