Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

WTB Ludwig Pioneer Snare 1930s

Hello, I am looking to buy a Ludwig Pioneer Snare from the 30's. I know they are around, just looking for the right one. Prefer to pick up (New York tristate area) but also willing to have it sent out of state. PM if interested!

Zach

Posted on 13 years ago

Hi. I've got one from the '20's. Dated by John Aldridge. "The Stamp on the top

hoop identifies it as being an early 20s drum. By the late 30s Ludwig was

putting a round badge on the Pioneer model and had changed the configuration to 8 lugs."

Set up and played by Kenny Arronoff during a couple lessons with him, who pronounced it a "A great ****in' drum!" Original rims and throwoff, and triple flange rims and modern throwoff, enabling it to be played reliably. About as clean as 90 year old drums get. Any interest? Bill D.

2 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Hi

I have a 30s bronze pioneer a few dark spots where the clear chipped and was exposed to the elements. It is currently being used all is perfect.If clear is removed and rubbed with a fine steel wool this drum would be cherry. The badge is in perfect new condition.this drum is not restored.make offer possible trade for 70s sensitive or phonic snare. I have a crappy pic progeram they wont shrink pic to this forum, it will only let me shrink to email address

Thanks

p.s. when I was a kid i had a drum shop take apart and had clear sprayed to keep the bronze looking shiney.

Posted on 13 years ago

I located one two days ago...it is brass and doesn't have the original rims. But I could get it for you...I'd sell it for $200 +shipping (depending on how much I buy it for)

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here