Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

WTB: JCR Snare Drum, Plus.

Looking for a JCR (maker of latin musical instruments) snare drum. Also I'm always in the market for Junior Tirado, Timba Ismael, Cuban congas, JCR, Skin on Skin and most other vintage latin congas, bongos, barriles, cow bells, etc.

Posted on 5 years ago

I have several of Juan's wonderful cowbells and knew that he made timbale stands and did some custom work, but did not realize that he made snare drums or other instruments. Are the other items you listed similar makers? I have never heard of a "barrile". If you are interested in wonderful African drums and percussion I can recommend Baile McKnight in Maryland near D.C. I used to send him large gourds for shekeres and he taught me how to make them.

Posted on 5 years ago

Yes JCR also made congas, bongos, timbales, etc. The others were also boutique makers of latin musical instruments. JCR was based out of the Bronx and Jr Tirado and SOS were Brooklynites. Right now I'm only seeking latin musical instruments. The barrile is a sort of conga drum used in traditional Puerto Rican Bomba and Plena. Thanks for the reply.

Posted on 5 years ago

I have some JCR bells that I got when I visited the shop a few years back. If I remember correctly the snare drum used timbale rims and hardware. The shell was like a narrow depth timbale shell.

Posted on 5 years ago
Action Another action Something else here