Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

WTB: Camco Reproduction Badges

Hi ,

I was able to acquire a really nice 6 ply stained Aristocrat Camco kit that I believe is from the earlier Oaklawn era. 20/13/16 with a matching 14" Aristocrat snare, early rolled COB hoops, and the toms and snare have never been drilled for dampers. It appears that the owner took very good care of these but the badges are missing on all 4 drums. Grommets are in good shape but are not rolled over on the inside.

I know it's virtually impossible to buy 4 Oaklawn Badges, either without "Illinois"or with it, however I do remember perhaps a year or to ago some discussion about someone in England that was making these and that they appeared to be pretty decent. Can anyone remember the link, or knows how to contact this person. I'd really like to get this kit outfitted with some badges.

Thanks all!

Bob

Posted on 6 years ago

Few days ago I saw some NOS Camco badges on one of the Facebook drum selling pages. Don't remember the page or seller sorry. I've never seen any of those NOS for sale before. So if your on FB poke around the drum groups. Joe Montenari (sp?) also listed some NOS and repro Camco grommets if needed.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 6 years ago

Thanks Glenn,

I looked on Facebook and did see that someone had posted a photo of reproduction Camco badges and was not really sure if they were still available. There were a large number of responses by people wanting to buy these but at the end of the thread I followed there was really no one to contact. It sounds like there are quite a few of us that would like to find a source for these so we could 'finish up' our kits so to speak.

I'll keep looking, but if anybody has any idea where to get these or if anyone has Camco Oaklawn badges for sale I'm interested.

Thanks again for your help.

Bob

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here