Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

WTB: 70's LUDWIG COS Supraphonic Top Hoop

I'm looking for a 70's COS Top Supraphonic hoop that matches the bottom one that I have. Would like it to be in as good of shape If possible. Check out the pics and let me know.

Posted on 5 years ago

A few more pics.............................................

Posted on 5 years ago

I don't know why but I never get any help from anyone on this site when looking for parts.

Posted on 5 years ago

From Drumguy1988

I don't know why but I never get any help from anyone on this site when looking for parts.

Not sure why, either. It's possible that no one has what you're looking for. It's rare that I see a set of 70's Supra hoops on eBay. When I do, the asking price is pretty high.

-Mark

Posted on 5 years ago

I think I posted one before and got no response I maybe too pricy as I think it’s cos I was asking 50

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 5 years ago

From jaghog

I think I posted one before and got no response I maybe too pricy as I think it’s cos I was asking 50

I thought COS would be the least expensive Supra hoop.

Posted on 5 years ago

From idrum4fun

Not sure why, either. It's possible that no one has what you're looking for. It's rare that I see a set of 70's Supra hoops on eBay. When I do, the asking price is pretty high.-Mark

Hey Mark. I'm trying not to sound like I'm complaining but it just gets a little frustrating. ebay is so damn expensive between buying and selling. I'd rather give my business to someone here. Honestly I've been trying to sell this COS supra hoop on ebay and no one will bite. I think my lowest price was $24.95 U.S. and the hoop is in great shape. So I decided to try and find a matching top hoop and put them on my Rocker snare.

Posted on 5 years ago

There hard to come by

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 5 years ago

From Drumguy1988

Hey Mark. I'm trying not to sound like I'm complaining but it just gets a little frustrating. ebay is so damn expensive between buying and selling. I'd rather give my business to someone here. Honestly I've been trying to sell this COS supra hoop on ebay and no one will bite. I think my lowest price was $24.95 U.S. and the hoop is in great shape. So I decided to try and find a matching top hoop and put them on my Rocker snare.

I recently purchased a set of Rogers repro hoops for my Montineri-built custom Dynasonic wood shell. These hoops are 1.6mm and the batter hoop resembles a Ludwig more than it does a Rogers! I paid $31.99 for the batter hoop from Salt City Drums, but they sell for pretty much the same price from all sellers. Might be a good alternative to an actual, and costly, Ludwig hoop.

Picture attached of my drum, so you can see the hoop profile.

-Mark

1 attachments
Posted on 5 years ago

From idrum4fun

I recently purchased a set of Rogers repro hoops for my Montineri-built custom Dynasonic wood shell. These hoops are 1.6mm and the batter hoop resembles a Ludwig more than it does a Rogers! I paid $31.99 for the batter hoop from Salt City Drums, but they sell for pretty much the same price from all sellers. Might be a good alternative to an actual, and costly, Ludwig hoop.Picture attached of my drum, so you can see the hoop profile.-Mark

WOW you're right. It does look more like a Ludwig Hoop. You got them at Salt Lake City Drums?? I'm in Ontario Canada so That would be a long drive lol!!!

Posted on 5 years ago
Action Another action Something else here