Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

WTB 22 slingerland wood hoop

Hi All,

I'm hoping to find a 1960ish 22 inch black wood hoop with white marine pearl inlay for a drum I'm resurrecting from the dust heap of history. It could be near that date plus or minus. The inlay could be missing... THe paint could be bad but the shaope must be true and the wood must not be very dented.

Also I'm trying to find a pair of bent ludwig spurs for a 60's bass drum. Has anyone tried the danmar equivalent?

My best to you all.

Dan

notable.com
bigego.com
africanunderground.com
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="Indigo"]Well...I dunno how "true" you wanna be on the hoop. I usually just either buy a vintage hoop with an equal inlay width to the one I have, or I buy a new one made to that width.

The danmar legs are great...but $$$$$. They also don't quite aesthetically look the same as a vintage set of Luddys...but those are hard to come by, too.

eBay ? (for both)[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

I have one, was comming apart at the glue joint but I reglued it and it is better than ever. Not cosmeticly perfect and true but it goes on good and tunes up well. Mid sixties Slingerland, no inlay wrap.

Let me know

Lucky

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here