Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Wrap or patch?

Hi All,

Just wondering what the opinions may be, and I imagine they are split...

I recently traded for a set of pre-international size Premier drums. I am quite sure they are made out of birch, and the shells are in amazing condition. The bearing edges are as good as the day they were cut. BUT...the wrap is not great. All in all, it is okay, but there is discoloration here and there, and there are several extra holes in the rack toms. There is not really a way to patch the holes where they won't be seen, so I'm wondering what to do.

Where the holes are there anyway, would a re-wrap affect the value that much? What do you guys generally do in this situation? I'm generally against re-wraps, but have seen some phenomenal examples on here recently and am tempted...DOH

Posted on 13 years ago

They are split !!

The extra holes in the toms makes them players forever. Re-Wraps make them players forever if you strip them first !!

Your toms are players, and solution that would make them players anyway,but turn over a new leaf, wouldn`t be tough for me !!

Sit`n in front of them,...I`d prolly just say leave `em alone !!

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks for the input, Oddball! I can't decide. Like you said, these are going to be players either way, so a part of me wants to make them look brand new. So many possibilities with wrap!

The wood and hardware on these drums is amazing to me. I haven't played these yet, but the quality seems quite a bit higher than the vintage Ludwigs and Gretsch that I have owned. (I hope them ain't fightin words.)

Still mulling it over Coffee Break2

Posted on 13 years ago

Those aint fight`n words when you`re talk`n to a first phase Phonic guy, !! (real drums) Hope those aint fight`n words !!

If it helps, no matter what you do, they`ll still be Premier !!

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here