Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

wrap comparison's

Just wondering if anyone has used jammin sammy's wrap and how that might compare to precision drum wrap ??

Wondering about thickness of each and tape verses contact adhesieve?

thx

Posted on 7 years ago

I've used Jammin' Sam's wrap several times and I think it works great. A lot of guys don't go for the tape method, but I've had good results with it. I've not used Precision, so can't really make a comparison there, but using contact adhesive does add another layer of "ply" to the shell, which can change the tone of the drum for the better (or worse!) and probably why it's usually the preferred method. But it can be a right bugger to remove!

Posted on 7 years ago

thanks for the tip!

Posted on 7 years ago

Both Jammin' Sam and Precision get their wrap from Delmar. Each company has a few wrap colors/styles that the other does not. However, the quality is the same.

-Mark

Posted on 7 years ago

thank you Mark

Posted on 7 years ago

I prefer glue, especially if your shells aren't perfectly round or true. I might use tape if I thought I might would change the wrap in the future.

Jammin Sam might offer more choices for eyelets. Jammin Sam and Precision both sell high quality wrap. No complaints with either.

Posted on 7 years ago

I've used both. No complaints. The tape method is easier for me because I'm not very experienced using the glue method.

Posted on 7 years ago

thx for all the input!

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here