Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

Would this be considered a matched set?

Ludwig 60's Super classic.

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 15 years ago

I wouldn't consider it as being a matched set with those numbers.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

I'm sorry olugs, but I would have to consider the possibility that they could be a factory set. If it were a six digit serial number, then maybe the numbers would be WAY off, but it's not that far off and that far out of place considering the timeframe. This is feasible, considering the way Ludwig did the business of handling the tags. These are only off by 6000. That's not unheard of during these years. If all we are looking at is numbers, it is possible. Does that mean that they were a factory set? - No. Of course not. But, could they have been given these numbers? - Yes. That's my two and three quarter cents.

Posted on 15 years ago

Based upon my own buying criteria for collecting, I would have to see the numbers is a closer sequence in order to be willing to pay the extra money for what I consider to be a factory-matched set. Maybe there are examples that came from the factory with numbers like that, but that's not been my experience. Yes, I suppose anything is possible, but I tend to go for more of the "sure thing" types of numbers.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

Makes sense to me. Go with olugs. He's been at this old drum stuff longer than me...for sure!

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here